Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Weekend With Friends

Our dear friends, Justin & Tiffany Poe and Jason & Joelle Donoho and their kiddos came to town this past weekend. We try to get together a few times a year and hang out. The Poe's live in Stillwater and the Donoho's live in Little Rock, so coming here is the easiest for everyone since it's the "central" location. You would think that we could get together more than we do, but trying to coordinate everyone's schedules gets a little hectic between 3 families with kiddos. We always have such a good time together and this time was no exception! Lots and lots of laughs! On Saturday we went to Carson's flag football game and that was the only time all weekend that I took pictures. We had fun watching the game and afterwards, we let the kids play on the playground that was there, which they loved. The weather was beautiful too this weekend, so we stayed outside as much as we could! Here are the girls: Joelle, Tiffany, and me.

Callahan on the slide below.

Callahan and Ella Poe, walking backwards and having a good ole time doing it!

Carson and Lucy Anne Poe on the slide. I am thinking that girls are just way more into picture taking than boys...right? At least my boys! Carson is SO not into taking pictures and always tries to be silly it seems like...and here is Lucy being super photogenic. She was great about "striking a pose!"

Carson hanging on the monkey bars. Now, he did better here with a more natural smile...but it was his idea.


Callahan and Lane Donoho just hanging out.

All 5 kiddos...this was the best shot I got with all of them looking my direction with a somewhat normal look on their faces all at once. Whew! That was hard work!






Uncle Greg and Aunt Jaren came to watch Carson play too on Saturday for the first time. That was a real treat and Carson had quite the fan club let me tell ya! Here is cousin Ellie hanging out. She wasn't a big fan of the grass and didn't really like to touch it. She is a girly girl already!

Here are Jaren, Greg, Tiffany, Joelle, and Ellie at the game.





Carson scored his second touchdown of the season on Saturday too, but I unfortunately was not ready with the camera...so no picture. But we will try this Saturday!

5 comments:

Dallas said...

I learned that from Clair too! (A comment to your post below this one).

Kristen OQ said...

I love seeing the Poe's on your blog -- I can't believe how big Lucy Ann and Ella are though! Sounds like a fun weekend with great friends.

Andi Hawkins said...

What a bunch of cute kids!!

Anonymous said...

When I see these pics I see Matt, Shelley, Michael Ann, Keralee, and Chad all playing together! Wow where did the time go?

Candice said...

So fun. Miss you guys.

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs